The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. NEET (UG) is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The responsibility of the NTA will limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
- The exam will be conducted one time in 2019 in pen and paper mode and not online or twice.
- Exam Pattern of the examination is not changed.
- For General/OBC candidates – Rs. 1400/-
- For SC/ST/PH candidates – Rs. 750/-
- The application fee must be paid through online mode only, i.e. Debit/Credit card, UPI or E-Wallet. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Mode of the examination will be pen and paper based.
- Type of question paper: Objective type (MCQ)
- Duration: The duration of exam will be of 3 hours.
- Number of questions: In total 180 questions.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking will be there, so for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- If any question is unanswered, neither will be awarded nor will be deducted.